At Yarra Bend Park, the largest area of natural vegetation near the City of Melbourne, the landscape varies from steep, wild river escarpments to open woodlands, formal parkland, playing fields and golf courses. It has over 16 kilometres of river frontage, and superb views of the city and the Dandenongs from the higher areas.
Things to Do
* The park is used for boating, canoeing, team sports, golf, swimming, fishing, orienteering, picnicking, dining out, bird watching and just enjoying the bush.
* A shared walking and bicycle path follows the Yarra and high above the Merri Creek in the western and northern parts of the park.
* Practise your casting at the International fly-casting pool
* Open space and sporting fields are used for organised and informal sports including cricket, football, soccer and bocce.
* There are many walking tracks at Yarra Bend Park to suit all fitness levels. The popular Main Yarra Trail passes through the park extending from Templestowe to Southbank. Secluded riverside trails follow the Yarra through peaceful bush surrounds. Varying length circuit trails take you to popular sites including Dights Falls and Deep Rock.
* 18 hole golf course and 9 hole par 3 golf course.
Studley Park Rd
Kew, Victoria, 3101
Picnic Area, Public Toilet, Sheltered Area
Experiences you can enjoy at Yarra Bend Park:
Flora/Fauna, Nature based, Wildlife